A meandering blog with no clear topic. You will find me talking about knitting, building, kids, social and economic issues, Alaska, and lots of other stuff.

Monday, March 3, 2008

blueberry syrup

Another post about emptying out my freezer. I had this big bag of frozen blueberries in it that I had great plans to mix into yogurt for my breakfasts. Never happened. So I have this four pound bag of frozen blueberries to figure out how to use. I didn't want to do anything with the whole berries because freezing them changes their texture, making them soggy and mushy. So I made blueberry syrup, in which you crush the blueberries, simmer them to get the juice out, then strain out the solids. Then you cook it with sugar, put it into jars, and process them in a boiling water bath. Piece of cake. I got 11 half pint jars of absolutely delicious syrup:



No comments: