A meandering blog with no clear topic. You will find me talking about knitting, building, kids, social and economic issues, Alaska, and lots of other stuff.

Monday, September 17, 2007

yes, it is true

OK, so in my last post I talked about the snow on the mountains, but said that I had not seen it myself. That has changed since then. Yesterday, while up in the Mat-su Valley, I saw that there is significant snow on the tops of the mountains that was not there last weekend. Termination dust. Unfortunately, thanks to my crappy camera phone, I don't have a good pic to show you. I have to say, the mountains are beautiful with snow on them.

Update on the house: We now have the entire roof covered with tar paper, and the entire south half of the roof is shingled. We have the first 3 rows of shingles on the north side. We should have the rest of the shingles up next weekend, barring rain. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: