A meandering blog with no clear topic. You will find me talking about knitting, building, kids, social and economic issues, Alaska, and lots of other stuff.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

We Wish You a Merry Christmas....

We had a great Christmas. On Christmas Eve, we took the kids to see a gingerbread village, that was just huge. It was set up on a table that must have been at least 12 feet square. I don't think I have ever seen so much candy in one place in my entire life. Here is one small section of it:




Christmas morning was the typical glut of presents, followed by the typical glut of food. The highlight of the day was this:




It came walking out from under our Christmas tree with red ribbon around his neck like a collar. It is a very young kitty, and the kids absolutely adore him. I am already tired of breaking up fights over who gets to hold him now. As of yet, he has no name. He just goes by "kitty".

Oh, and remember the secret thing I was knitting that I didn't post pics of? They are knitted and felted snowmen. I made one for my mother and one for my mother in law. Here they are:



Well, gotta run... going up to the land to see how much mud we can get up in the next three days. I'll keep you posted. And, since I won't be back until late on the evening of the first,


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: